The monsoons have finally arrived
Such respite from the heat and blazing sun ....... We smile to ourselves and thank the Rain God for the relief. As we begin to enjoy, we tend to realise that this change of season demands extra care for our skin and hair as monsoon also brings with it a lot of skin infections and diseases.
Beginning with our skin,we should keep our skin dry as much as possible and use anti fungal
creams and talcs. We should depend on good skin tonics and keep wads of cotton soaked in the same in the refrigerator to give us instant freshness at any time.These can also be used as eye pads. To select the right face mask for this rainy season, I would suggest:
Moisturising the skin at night is also very beneficial. Gentle scrubbing twice a week during monsoons helps exfoliate the dead skin. Take proper care and be skin beautiful during these rains.... :)
Hair careEnjoyed the rains ?? And now you sit grumpy over the dull condition of your hair ? Whether you like it or not, you will get wet hair many a timed during the monsoons. We can help you by knowing how you can protect your beautiful mane this season and look gorgeous too!!
1) Wash your hair more often with luke warm water during the monsoons and specially so if they are oily. This keeps them free of dirt and grime .Use a natural base, mild shampoo fit for daily use.
2) Tea and lemon juice make a wonderful hair conditioner, adding shine to the hair. Just boil used tea leaves again, in enough water. Cool, strain, add the juice of a lemon. Use it as a last rinse after shampoo. Rose water too can be used with lemon for fragrant hair. Use of vinegar relieves the itch in the scalp.
3) Regular use of henna keeps the hair well conditioned and soft. Mix henna with tea water, lemon juice, egg whites and coffee powder.
4) Applying oil to the hair can be beneficial too if you wash it off in an hour or two as otherwise it attracts more dust and dirt. Its use though, keeps hair soft and frizz free during monsoons.
5) Use hair masks for home spa of hair
a) ripe papaya pulp and yogurt mixed together and applied for half an hour at least once a
week for split ends. wash it off with warm water
b) Soak methi seeds overnight, grind them and apply for 20 - 30 minutes for hairfall and dull hair . wash with a mild shampoo
c) banana pulp mixed with one spoon olive oil and 3 spoons mayonnaise for extremely dull and dry hair. Wash with warm water after 30 minutes.
d) mango pulp and mint paste for frizz control. wash it off with warm water after 30 minutes.
6) Proper drying of hair is also very important as if the water is retained in the roots, they start smelling rotten as well as leading to itchy scalp and other hair problems.
Blow dry - It might cause permanent damage to your hair
Comb when wet - It might increase the hair breakage
Use brushes or thin tooth combs - they might also add to the breakage
Tie you hair too much as then water is retained which affects the hair
Use chemical products - may cause permanent damage as the rain water itself contains quite a many pollutants
Get your styled as the humidity will ruin your efforts
Wash with very hot water - Very hot water robs the hair of its moisture and makes it dry